+ Below are four key principles for finding your path to unleashing your our greatness, written by Ben Newman in his book titled ‘Own YOUR Success’:
• The first principle is Attain Belief in Yourself, which I break into five keys:
1. Accept the truth. Acknowledging the person you are today is the key to becoming the person you want to be and, ultimately, to attaining belief in yourself. There is a big difference between failing and not getting the results we want. Instead of seeing failure, see opportunities for growth and change.
2. Speak the truth. Be honest about your past behaviors and habits. While it may be difficult to acknowledge them, burying those parts of our lives makes us feel like victims, amplifying our fear and pain. Shedding light on the past, by talking with a trusted friend or professional, frees us.
3. Breathe through the truth. Avoid reacting from a place of pain or anger – no matter how much you believe you are right. Be open to changing your perspective. Treat yourself lovingly. Do not self-destruct.
4. Process the truth. Give yourself time and space to find your equilibrium. Developing belief in yourself means gaining confidence that will lead to a stronger foundation.
5. Create a plan based on the truth. Changing entrenched behaviors and mindsets takes time, and sometimes they return. Stay strong. Continue to believe and actively engage in this process. Define how you want to live your life from where you are right now.
• The second principle is Act with Courage and Integrity.
When you act with courage and integrity, it inspires others to do the same. A big part of that is appreciating all people and the selfless acts and sacrifices they make every day.
• The third principle is Create Your Prizefighter Day – Do Great Things!
Each day set three attainable activity goals: one personal, one professional, and one to help others. By taking action in these three areas every day, you make each day victorious. The victory is not in the results, but in the actions themselves. Even if what you do doesn’t turn out perfectly, as you may have hoped, the experience of accomplishment every day is a victory.
• The fourth principle is Create a Living Legacy.
Surrender to a cause greater than yourself. Find your passion and live it every day. Work diligently toward your goal. Fight for what you believe in despite the obstacles in your path. Don’t wait to leave a legacy after you’re gone. Live that legacy every day.
Most people never discover their talents and gifts – either because they do not believe they have any or because they underestimate their own self worth. Discovering your uniqueness is not a bonus – it’s a necessity for living a truly happy existence. Your greatness lies in the power of self.
This is your moment. Don’t delay the NOW of today.